Ramblings from the Chrysalis: What if you could live your optimal life?

 


The other day I had a little bit of a quandary. I got into office was changing into my scrubs and realized that my last pair of scrub bottoms, the draw string had receded back into the waistband of the pants. This was not a problem I had ever experienced before: New problem right?

I changed back into my sweats and then engaged in mental gymnastics that would have made Einstein be impressed, as to how I was going to get the string back out. I tried quite a few ways to make it work none were successful.

Now for those of you who are reading this who are seamstresses you know the answer to this quandary, but for me, forever the tomboy, the little girl who had always rebelled against anything to do with sewing or any such,  truly believe me I had no idea whatsoever.

After trying a few failed attempts, I finally decided that I was going to have to get a pair of scissors, rip off the waistband and find the errant end. My plan was cut short by a simple conversation with Sandy. For those of you who don't know, Sandy is my right hand, my port in a storm, the reason I can do so much, because without her support and Manifesting Generator energy I would be one lost super projector.

Sandy is, among a million other things, a talented seamstress. She makes and sells cute bags, purses, pocketbooks etc., and we affectionately call her the bag lady. Why she was not my first go to is beyond me because I know that living my optimal life means living the grow smarter pillars and pillar #5 is applications: that includes resources, apps and expert support.


So back to my story, I finally remembered to lean into the expert support that I had at my disposal. Sandy took the pants and then she did the one thing that I never imagined, and I almost screamed at her as she did it. It was so counter to everything I was  thinking, my first thought when she did this was: OMG she has just mad a bad situation worse. What did she do, what did she do... I know you are on the edge of your chair waiting to find out...

She pulled the entire string out of the waistband. Now the waistband had no string. In my opinion this was the worst possible outcome, I was starting to sweat with the stress of this situation. Then she did something else that completely blew my mind, she attached a paperclip ( we are in a business office you use what you have right?) to one end and easily restrung the waist band. It took her less than a minute to fix something that I had been ruminating over by myself for 20 full  minutes, she did it quickly and easily without even giving it any thought and her method was so simple and way beyond anything that I had been able to think up on my own.

What are you hearing from my story today?

What is here for you? I learned only 100 lessons that day that had to do with: how I every day just make my life 1MILLION times harder than it needs to be. 

What is this telling you? What lesson do you think we should all be drawing from this about Growing Smarter? (Its not taking up sewing as a hobby LOL!)

Share below and then also do join me at 11:30 am EST every Friday over in the Ladies Power Lunch Facebook Group for LPL coffee break where we will have an even more deep and meaningful discussions about how we can indeed live our optimal lives by growing smarter, instead of working harder and putting in even more effort.

Here's the link to a recent discussion that we had about my pants debacle!

https://youtu.be/d8lEWA7CHxQ


Selah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today is the LPL Monthly Networking Meeting. Click the link below to join

How being the clearest you can help you build an UNBREAKABLE business.

How To: Build an unbreakable love and business? Special Guest Gail Petrowsky